Our Lady of the Assumption, Aylesford Priory, Kent
The history of the Carmelite Friars, also known as Whitefriars, at Aylesford began in 1242. A vision of Our Lady to St Simon Stock in 1251 resulted in the Bishop of Rochester dedicating the first church of the Priory to the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel, and in honour of the Assumption of the Glorious Virgin.
Chapel of Our Lady of the Crag - Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
The tiny medieval Chapel of Our Lady of the Crag lies a stone's throw from the River Nidd, about half a mile from the centre of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. It was carved from the cliff face by John the Mason in 1408, permission being granted by King Henry IV.
National Shrine of Our Lady of Walshingham, Norfolk
Walsingham in Norfolk was arguably the pre-eminent shrine for Marian worship in England, until its destruction by Henry VIII. In 1538 the statue of the Virgin Mary was taken to Chelsea and was burned. Dedication to Our Lady of Walsingham was moved to Kings Lynn until 1934 when the shrine returned to Walsingham.